Those events marked with an asterisk (*) need Fifth Estate salesmen. If you want to earn some extra money, come down to our office and pick up some papers.
THURS. MAY 29
* THE BONZO DOG from England and the Wilson Mower Pursuit at the Grande Ballroom. Adm. $2.50.
EAST TOWN THEATRE. Grand opening of Detroit’s newest rock joint. The SRC. Teegarden & VanWinkle, Savage Grace, and Catfish all entertain at 8041 Harper near Van Dyke. 8 pm. Adm. $2.50.
FT. JACKSON 8 VICTORY RALLY. Celebrate victory of the Ft. Jackson 8, GIs scheduled to speak, Delmar Thomas of Ft. Jackson and Alan Myers from Ft. Dix. Upper DeRoy Auditorium, Wayne State U. 8 pm. Sponsored by GI Civil Liberties Defense Committee.
FRI. MAY 30
* WSU CINEMA GUILD presents “Paths of Glory” Stanley Kubrick’s realistic movie about WW I. Also a short film “A Time Out of War” movie about two Civil War soldiers. Lower DeRoy, at 7:30 and 9:45 pm. Adm. 50 cents
SHAW’S ST. JOAN will be performed at Meadowbrook Theatre. 8:15 pm.
THE DETROIT REPERTORY THEATRE presents Larry Blain’s “Soul of Darkness” at 8 pm. Gen. Adm. $3.50, students, $2.
* ROCK AND ROLL REVIVAL at the Michigan State Fairgrounds with such greats as: Chuck Berry, Dr. John, Terry Reid, MC5, Sun-Ra, Johnny Winters and The Frost just to mention a few, Bring blankets and food and enjoy yourself for just $3.50 Noon till Midnight.
JAZZ AT THE RAPPA HOUSE. Jazz all night long from 2 to 5 am. 96 E. Fisher Fwy.
* CHESSMATE presents great folk singing acts & an after hours blues band. For more information call 862-1554.
THE METROPOLITAN OPERA presents “Faust’ with Anna Moffo, Masonic Temple Aud. 8 pm.
* HEINZ JAEGER Blues Band with lights by Tamara at the Red Roach Coffee House, on Plum St. 9 pm 3 am
SAT. MAY 31
THE METROPOLITAN OPERA will present Barbiere Di Siviglia. Featuring: Roberta Peters, Alva, Siepi, and Corena at Masonic Aud. 1:30pm ”
* THE MAGNIFICENT MEN and Edwin Starr, The Parliaments and other great soul groups at Cobo Hall. 8:30 pm. Tickets from $3 to $6.
* DETROIT’S ROCK AND ROLL REVIVAL at the State Fair Grounds, featuring Terry Reid, Dr. John, the Rock and Roll Ensemble, Teagarden and Vanwinkle and other masters of rock and roll music. Adm. is $3.50. Music from noon till midnight.
LA BOHEME performed by the Metropolitan Opera, with Franci conducting. Featuring: Bakocevick and Raimondi at Masonic Aud. 8 pm
* JAZZ AND BLUES BANDS at the red roach coffee house, 5th St. and Plum.
THE DETROIT REPERTORY THEATRE presents “Tango” at 8 pm. General Adm. $3.50, students, $2.
* WSU CINEMA GUILD will show a World War I film called “Paths of Glory” and a short film called “A Time Out for War” Lower DeRoy Aud, 7:30 and 9:45 pm
* GOODBYE COLUMBUS with Richard Benjamin is now playing at the Studio New Center.
* STUDIO-North is showing “The First Time” Woodward at 9 Mile Rd.
STUDIO—8 continues with the showing of “Romeo and Juliet” Greenfield and 8 Mile Rd.
HEINZ JAEGER Blues Band. “Dry Water” at midnight. Drawings by Robert Youngman. Red Roach Coffee Hs. on Plum St. and 5th.
SUN. JUNE 1
DON L’ LEE AND DR. SAMUEL ALLEN, two black poets will present their works at the Shrine of the Black Madonna, 7625 Linwood, 6 pm Donation: $2.
FREE CONCERT, at the Red Roach Coffee House. Anyone can play from 5-11 pm. 5th at Plum St.
TUES. JUNE 3
* JAZZ SESSIONS, at the Art Institute Aud. 8 pm FREE.
FRI. JUNE 6
* WAYNE CINEMA GUILD, 3 underground flics “Chafed Elbows” “Scorpio Rising” “Fat Feet” 7:30 and 9:45 pm. Adm. 50 cents.
* THE WHO, ARTHUR BROWN, DR. JOHN at the State Fair Grounds, 3 pm.
* THE GOLD BROTHERS play blues from 9pm to 3 am and after hours jazz by the New Components from 3 to 6 am. Red Roach Coffee House, 5th St. and Plum.
SAT. JUNE 7
* WAYNE CINEMA GUILD presents three underground flics: “Chafed Elbows,” “Scorpio Rising” and “Fat Feet” at 7:30 and 9:45 pm. Adm. is 50 cents.
* RED ROACH COFFEE HOUSE. Same Schedule as Friday.
SUN. JUNE 8
FREE CONCERT at the Red Roach Coffee House. anyone can play. Also, independent films by Bob and Bob. 5 – 11 pm on Plum St.
TUES. JUNE 10
JAZZ SESSIONS, Detroit Art Inst. Aud. FREE
FREE MEDICAL SERVICE provided by Open City. Every Monday 6 to 8 pm. 4726 Third Street at Forest. Psych counseling too. Call 831-2770 for information.