FIFTH ESTATE Winter 2013 Vol. 47, #3, #388
Issue Theme: Education: For Rebellion! Not Conformity
Winter is the traditional time when students are deep in their studies. At present, there are tuition strikes, austerity strikes, student loan debt crises, and other dilemmas regarding education playing out in the public arena. For much of mainstream society, even the very value and meaning of education is now in question.
- Anarchist Violence or State Violence?
- Propaganda of the Deed
- Taking it OFF the streets! From Ritual to Resistance
- John Zerzan in London
- Vietnam: Gucci Meets Communist Revolution
- Art in Support of Prisoners: Marie Mason update
- Seattle Grand Jury Targets Anarchists
- Life in the Body dump: Kelly Pflug-Back from prison
- Operation 8: Terror Down Under
- Cleveland 4: Invented crime claims victims
- Drones: Death by Spreadsheet
- The Sea by John Zerzan
- Special Section on Anarchism & Education
- What Do We Learn in School?
- A Short History of Schools
- Anti-Authoritarian Personalities & Standard Schools
- Quebec Student Strike
- Unschooling & Free Schools
- New Orleans Free School Network
- Frontlines of Educational Revolt
- Toronto’s Free School
- Mexico: The Realities of Tourism
- William Gibson by Paul J. Comeau
- Miranda Mellis by Penelope Rosemont
- Food Not Bombs by Dave Not Bombs
- WWAD: What Would Anarchists Do?
Buy The Current Issue of Fifth Estate
If you’re not currently a subscriber to Fifth Estate, please consider becoming one.
Subscriptions are FREE for Prisoners & Soldiers.
You can also order a bundle for distribution.
General donations are greatly needed!
Or you can donate to the Fifth Estate Prisoner/GI Free Subscription Fund.